Easy Gluten-Free Cracker Recipe that tastes great and looks great on the plate and is firm enough to be used as the base for appetizers.
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons flax seed, freshly ground
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon Himalayan salt or herbed sea salt
- 1 cup almond flour
- ½ cup gluten free flour blend
- 2 tablespoons tapioca flour
- 2 tablespoon black sesame seed
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- Preheat oven to 400°C.
- Add eggs to mixing bowl. Whisk together briefly till the eggs are frothy and well blended. Add flax seed, olive oil, sesame oil, and salt and whisk to blend.
- Add flours, sesame seeds, and baking powder to the bowl. Stir with a spoon until the mixture forms a ball.
- Roll out on parchment paper to ¼ inch thickness. Cut with a cookie cutter. Place on parchment lined baking sheet, leaving ¼ to ½ inch between crackers. Thinner crackers bake crisper.
- Place the baking sheet in the oven. Bake for 15 minutes or until crackers are golden brown. Remove from the oven and transfer crackers to a cooling rack. They will crisp as they cool.
- Store cooled crackers in airtight box. Serve cold with cheese, meat slices, or soup.
Roll thinly and bake till golden brown for the best flavor and texture.