The tastiest gluten free brownies ever, you won’t believe they’re not wheat!
- 1 cup of butter, softened
- 1 cup organic sugar
- 6 to 8 eggs
- ¼ cup flax seed, freshly ground (helps hold it together)
- ½ cup cocoa
- ½ cup coconut flour
- ½ tsp. Himalayan salt
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- Beat together butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Add sugar, salt, and vanilla and beat until smooth.
- Crack in 6 eggs and beat until frothy.
- Add coconut flour , cocoa, and flax seed and beat well.
- Allow to sit for 15 minutes so that coconut flour can absorb the liquid.
- If it is stiff, add 2 more eggs. You don’t want to add water or milk as that will change the texture of the brownie from a chewy brownie to a cake like brownie.
- Spread batter into a 8 x 11 pan, that has been prepared by greasing.
- Bake at 350F for 20 minutes.
- Decrease heat to 325F and bake for 10 minutes more, or until done.
- When the brownie is done the centre will appear to be under-cooked, but the edges will be firm.
- The brownie will firm up as it cools, so don’t over bake.
- After it has been out of the oven for 5 minutes, spread the top with ½ cup of gluten free chocolate chips.
- Allow to melt from the heat of the brownie.
- Spread the melted chocolate chips over the top of the bar.
- Cool completely and cut into squares when cool.
- May be served warm or cold, goes well with vanilla ice-cream or whipping cream.
Awesome comfort food for those on a gluten-free diet. They don’t last long at our house.