A simple blend of ginger and turmeric root, that can be prepared fresh or dried.
- 1 teaspoon fresh turmeric root, diced
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger root, diced
- 1–2 cups boiling water
- honey to taste
- Wash and dice ginger and turmeric roots. If fresh root is unavailable, measure out 1 teaspoon each of dried ginger and turmeric, chunks or slices work better than powdered.
- Place sliced roots into a tea ball, if using powder use a fine mesh teabag or reusable tea bag.
- Pour just boiled, or boiling water over the roots and let steep covered for 8 minutes. Alternatively, simmer in 2 cups of water for 5 minutes, covered.
- Add honey if desired, and remove tea bag or tea ball.
- Enjoy slowly.