A chest rub salve based on essential oils for decongestion
- 7 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon (12 grams) beeswax
- 15 drops rosemary essential oil**
- 15 drops Eucalyptus essential oil**
- 15 drops of Frankincense essential oil***
Note: If you are using this for a child under 6 ** use 45 drops Plant Therapy No More Sniffles Blend in place of all three essential oils. If a child is younger than 3, use half the number of drops of the kid-safe blend.
Do not use more than 45 drops of essential oils in this recipe, a 2% dilution rate, for adults or children.
- Make a double boiler using a glass measuring cup.
- Place olive oil and beeswax into measuring cup.
- Add water to the saucepan and simmer over medium heat until the beeswax in the glass measuring cup is melted.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in essential oils.
- Pour into two salve tins.
- Allow to cool completely before capping.
- Label and date. Chest Rub will last one year.