Quick and easy peanut butter cookies.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup organic sugar
- 1 cup peanut butter, crunchy
- 2 cups flour, organic whole wheat
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- Small amount of milk
- Cream together butter, peanut butter, and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs and beat until fully incorporated.
- Add flour and baking powder and mix until just blended.
- Prepare baking sheet by greasing with a small amount of butter.
- Roll a tsp of dough into a small ball, in your palms.
- Place on the baking sheet. C
- Continue making small balls until the sheet has 12 balls, about 2 inches apart on all sides.
- Dip a fork in a small amount of milk and press the top off each ball to flatten the ball.
- The milk will give a sheen to the top of the cookie. It also keeps the dough from sticking to the fork. The cookie should be about ¼ inch thick.
- Bake in a 365°F oven for 12 minutes.
- When done the cookies will be golden brown on the bottom of each cookie and well set.
- Remove from oven.
- Allow to cool for about 5 minutes on the baking sheet.
- Then remove from the baking sheet and place in a single layer on a cooling rack.
- The cookies will continue to firm up as they cool.
- Store cooled cookies in an airtight tin.