Try this easy ginger, lemon, and turmeric tea. It’s a very warming, and soothing tea that can even help ease sore muscles and reduce inflammation.
- 2 lemons, organic, ¼ inch slices (leave peel on)
- 4 inch piece of ginger (peeled)
- 4 inch piece of turmeric (peeled)
- Wash ginger root, turmeric root, and lemons.
- Slice lemons into 1/4 inch slices, discard ends, and place lemon rounds on a dehydrator tray.
- Peel and slice the ginger and turmeric to the same thickness. Place on dehydrator trays.
- Dehydrate overnight at 120F, until lemon slices snap crisply, and ginger and turmeric slices snap crisply. Ginger and turmeric may dehydrate faster than the lemon slices.
- Crumble the slices of ginger, turmeric, and lemon into smaller pieces. Aim for a piece size that would seem comfortable to be in a tea bag.
- Mix the dried ingredients together in a bowl.
- Use press and seal teabags, and add 1 tablespoon per tea bag. If you prefer to use a tea-ball or tea-strainer, just store the prepared lemon ginger turmeric tea in a sealed glass jar.
Rinse lemons with just boiled water to remove wax residues from the skin, particularly if you can’t get organic lemons.