Simple and easy zucchini chips to enjoy a low carb and healthy alternative to potato chips.
- 1 large or two medium zucchini
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt, or seasoning salt
- Thinly slice zucchini into even pieces. A mandolin can be useful to achieve perfectly thin and even slices.
- If desired, press the sliced zucchini between two layers of paper towel to remove excess moisture.
- Coat the zucchini slices in olive oil and sprinkle with salt.
- Place the zucchini on dehydrator trays, or baking trays lined with parchment if you are cooking them in the oven.
- Dry in the dehydrator until crisp, 8-12 hours depending on your relative humidity level.
- Alternatively, dry in your oven on 235F for 2 hours, check crispness and let cool in the vented oven.
- Store in a sealed container for up to 3 days, long term storage is not recommended.