A crisp, natural dog biscuit for your furry friend, with added benefits.
- 3 eggs
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- ½ cup nut butter
- ¼ cup flax seed, ground
- 4 tablespoon turmeric powder
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ cup gluten free all-purpose flour blend
- ½ cup coconut flour
- 1 cup almond flour , plus more for rolling
- ½ teaspoon Himalayan pink salt
- ¼ teaspoon Cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- Crack eggs into medium bowl. Beat with a whisk until foamy.
- Add olive oil and honey. Mix with a wooden spoon until well blended.
- Add flax seed and nut butter. Beat into egg mixture and mix until smooth and creamy.
- Add turmeric, gluten free flour, coconut flour , almond flour , salt, pepper, cayenne pepper, and baking powder.
- Mix into egg mixture forming a soft dough. Bring the dough together into a ball. Knead lightly.
- Cover and refrigerate for an hour.
- Prepare baking sheets by covering with parchment paper. Using a pastry brush grease the parchment with additional olive oil, coconut oil, or tallow, so that it has a light coating of oil.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Remove dough from refrigerator.
- Sprinkle additional almond flour onto board or counter. Working with 1/3rd of the dough at a time, Roll out the dough to ¼ inch thick. Cut with dog biscuit bone-shaped cutter.
- Place individual dog biscuits onto baking sheet. Bake in 375°F oven for 12 minutes or until golden brown and firm. The biscuits will continue to harden as they cool.
- Place biscuits on a wire rack to cool. Repeat with remain batter.
- Once biscuits are completely cold, place in baking tin or other air tight container. These will keep fresh for two weeks.
- Freeze for longer storage.
- Note: for smaller dog use smaller biscuit cutter.