How to dehydrate mushrooms for winter storage
- Clean mushrooms
- Wine cap
- Other variety
- Wash mushrooms and pat dry.
- Slice mushrooms into even 1/4 inch slices.
- Place mushrooms on dehydrator trays, they can be touching but not overlapped.
- Place trays in the dehydrator
- Dry at 125-135F for 4-6 hours, check for crispness and if the mushrooms are still leathery and flexible, dry for another hour or two longer.
- Once mushrooms are dry, let cool completely before placing in storage containers.
- Label and date your mushroom storage, and store in a cool, dry location.