Make melt-in-your mouth snacking chips from dandelion leaves. These are so tasty you won’t even guess they’re healthy!
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tbsp. poppy seeds
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1/4 tsp. dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp. celtic sea salt
- 4 cups of washed fresh dandelion leaves, picked before the flowers open.
- Soak poppy seeds in lemon juice for 2 hours.
- In a blender, mix poppy seeds, lemon juice, garlic, mustard and coconut oil.
- Blend until smooth and thickened.
- Pour over dandelion leaves and massage into leaves until they are well coated. Sprinkle with salt to taste.
- Place on dehydrator trays in a single layer. Dry on medium heat for 2 or 3 hours until dry and crisp. You can also dry this in your oven on very low heat, with the oven light on. It will take longer in an oven.
- Eat this as a snack. Or crush the leaves and use as an herb, sprinkled on other foods.