Use this dandelion burdock bitters tincture 20 minutes before a meal to improve digestion and well being. Use a few dashes in a cocktail to add more complex flavor.
- 1 cup dandelion roots, dried or 1 1/2 cups fresh dandelion roots, cleaned and chopped
- 1 cup burdock roots, dried or 1 1/2 cups fresh burdock roots, cleaned and chopped
- 1/2 cup cacao nibs, raw
- 2 tablespoons orange zest
- 3 cups brandy
- Place dandelion roots, burdock roots, cacao nibs, and orange zest in a 1 quart Mason jar. Cover with brandy. Cap tightly.
- Shake the jar to evenly distribute the brandy among the herbs. Add more brandy if needed to completely cover the herbs in the jar. Set the jar aside in a cool, dark place.
- Shake the jar once a day or as often as you think of it. After 21 days stain the jar, discarding the herbs and reserving the liquid.
- Bottle the bitters tincture in amber glass bottles with dropper lids.
- Add 10 to 15 drops to a cocktail. Place 10 drops on the tongue about 20 minutes before a meal. Use when you have indigestion, stomach pain, or nausea.
If you are on prescription medication, gall bladder or liver disease, or if you are pregnant talk to your health care professional before using bitters to aid digestion.
- Serving Size: 10 - 25 drops
Keywords: Bitters, tincture, herbal medicine, herbal remedies, cocktail bittes