- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil for sauteeing
- 1-inch piece of ginger, peeled and minced
- 1 butternut squash, baked until softened
- 2 cups water or broth of your choice
- ½ teaspoon curry spice
- 2 tablespoons coconut cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup of cream
- Toasted almonds or sunflower seeds for garnish
- In a large stockpot, saute the onion, garlic, and ginger in coconut oil, until softened.
- Add the cooked squash, the 2 cups of water or broth, and the curry spice. Make sure there is enough to cover the ingredients.
- Cook until bubbling, on medium heat, for 15 minutes.
- Using a stick blender, puree the bisque until it is smooth. If you don’t have a stick blender, transfer small batches to a blender to puree in. Return the blended bisque to the pan and reheat. Stir in 2 tablespoons of coconut cream.
Serve curry butternut squash bisque with cream and toasted almonds or sunflower seeds.