When you are looking for a rich and satisfying chocolate dessert that is paleo friendly, allergy free and delicious enough for company, choose this dark chocolate panna cotta. No one will know it only took you 10 minutes to make it.
- 2 cups of organic coconut cream or coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon kosher gelatin (this is the brand I use)
- 1/4 cup organic, fair trade cocoa powder
- 2 ounce dark chocolate, in small pieces
- 4 tablespoons organic maple syrup
- Pour the coconut milk or coconut cream into a 1 quart saucepan. Sprinkle gelatin on the surface of the coconut milk and wait 10 minutes for the gelatin to bloom.
- Place the saucepan over medium heat and heat gently. Using a whisk, stir in the gelatin until it is fully mixed into the warm coconut milk.
- Stir in the cocoa powder and maple syrup. Whisk to get rid of any lumps and make the mixture smooth. Keep heating the saucepan over medium heat until the pan begins to steam slightly. Remove from the heat.
- Stir in the dark chocolate pieces and keep stirring until all the chocolate is melted and the mixture is smooth.
- Ladle the panne cotte into 4 ounce dessert dishes, filling about 3/4 full. Chill for 4 hours or overnight.
- Serve with shavings of dark chocolate over the chocolate panna cotta.
You can use homemade coconut milk, canned coconut milk, canned coconut cream or any combination that totals 2 cups of liquid. Unlike panna cotta made with milk, this dessert, when made with coconut milk, can safely be frozen without loss of quality.
- Serving Size: 1/2 cup