Rich broth and nutritious soup from food waste
- 1 to 2 Chicken Carcasses
- 2 to 4 Chicken Feet with Skin and nails Removed
- 1 gallon Veggie Scraps
- ¼ cup Organic Apple Cider Vinegar with the Mother
- Water to cover
- Place chicken carcasses and chicken feet in the crockpot.
- Pour about ¼ cup of apple cider vinegar over top of the bones and allow it to sit for about 15 minutes.
- Add veggie scraps (like celery, carrot peels, onion skins, etc)
- Cover with water.
- Put the lid on and turn crockpot on low.
- Simmer for 8 to 10 hours, longer is even better.
- Strain the bone broth with a fine mesh strainer and/or cheesecloth to make a clear broth
You can use the broth right away or store it in the fridge to be used within a few days. Freeze for longer storage.
Keywords: bone broth, chicken feet soup, chicken noodle soup