Cheesy low carb crackers are easy to make at home. No need to pay the big bucks to get gluten-free crackers when you can have these on the table in 40 minutes from start to finish.
- 1 cup of flax seed, freshly ground
- 3 cups of almond flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 cup of water
- 1/4 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt (optional)
- Use freshly ground flax for this recipe. I grind 1 1/4 cup of whole flax seed in a blender jar until coarsely ground. Put the flax seed into a mixing bowl.
- Add 3 cups of almond flour , baking powder, and olive oil. Stir with a spoon to blend well.
- Pour in water. Stir until a soft dough forms.
- Stir in grated cheese until fully blended. Set aside for 10 minutes to allow the dough to become uniformly moistened. Add salt, if using, and mix in.
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Divide dough into 3 parts. Roll out dough on counter, sprinkled with additional flour or flax seed to prevent sticking. Roll to 1/4 inch or less thickness. Cut with cookie cutters or biscuit cutters. Place cut crackers on floured baking tray. No need to space widely, these crackers do not spread.
- Bake the crackers in a 400F oven for 15 minutes. Remove from the oven to cooling rack. Crackers will continue to crisp as they cool. Repeat until all crackers are baked.
The crackers can be made ahead and kept in an airtight container. If kept in the freezer, these crackers should be crisped in a 400F oven for 5 minutes before serving.
Keywords: Keto, paleo, gluten-free, flax seed, crackers,