You can take your herbal tea and infusions to the next level when you use them to make Inspiring Botanical Drinks, Mixers, and Elixirs for a Healthier Summer.
Use the herbs and fruit from your garden and the wild places around your home to craft unique and tasty drinks, syrups, and shrubs. Break the pop and sweet tea habit with these healthier options. You’ll save money, reduce food waste, and enjoy delicious and nutritious hot and cold drinks year-round,when you use herbs, garden fruit and berries, and even weeds to make healthy tea, drinks, and beverage syrups.
Take the Inspiring Botanical Drinks, Mixers and Elixirs class and increase your understanding and confidence in making these beverages from the herbs in your garden or in the hedgerows close to home. Herbs that are growing near you have the vital energy you need to stay healthy and strong. Learn to use them in beverages to cool the summer heat in this masterclass.
Students in this class learn:
- How to kick the soda habit
- Herbal tea making basics
- Herbal coffee substitutes
- Herbal infusions as the basis for elixirs
- Healthy, sugar-free vitamin water formulas
- Master recipes for crafting beverage syrups, drink mixers, and cordials
- When to use juice as a drink base
- How to craft thirst-quenching summer ices and popcicles that are tasty AND healthy
- How to make shrubs and switchels for thirst quenching electrolytes
- How to make elixirs and liqueurs for cocktail mixes and gifts
- How to craft herbal bitters for drink mixers and to improve digestion
- How to create red and green supplement powders right from the garden for healthier smoothies
Also included in this course:
- Recipes for creating sodas, syrups, liqueurs, elixirs, and bitters from the garden and the hedgerow
- Recipes include syrups that can be used in Italian sodas, coffee syrups, and specialty drinks; liqueur recipes like limoncello, cream de cacao, and other traditional liqueurs that can be made at home and given as gifts.
- Recipes for cocktail and mock-tail mixers are also given.
Students in this class will gain the skills and confidence to turn garden produce, herbs, and fruit into tasty and healthy beverages for very little cost, as well as how to preserve the summer goodness so these healthy drinks can be enjoyed year-round.