Use the remaining Kombucha as a vinegar substitute. One of the components of Kombucha is acetic acid or vinegar. If you leave the Kombucha to ferment for a couple extra days, you can use it in place of vinegar in salad dressings. You can make this recipe the day before. It pares wonderfully with a spring green salad.
- 1 cup of Kombucha (pH of 2 to 1)
- 1/4 cup of frozen raspberries
- 1/2 tsp. Dijon mustard or grainy mustard
- 1/2 cup of virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp. dried minced onions
- 1/2 tsp. thyme
- Put kombucha and raspberries in a pint jar and allow to sit for an hour, until raspberries thaw and their juices infuse the kombucha.
- Stir briskly with a whisk or fork to break up raspberries.
- Pour mixture through a sieve to remove raspberry pulp.
- Add mustard and olive oil. Beat well with a fork until mixture thickens and becomes slightly opaque.
- Add minced onions and thyme. Beat well with a fork until spices are fully incorporated.
- Allow it to sit for an hour for the flavours to meld.