Is the thought of online herbal courses getting you down? Do the lessons and the tests feel more overwhelming than fun? Did you start learning about herbs because you loved to DIY and you loved plants, but then you got bogged down in the nitty gritty facts of herbal actions, herbal energetics, and the contraindications of strange sounding remedies like ashwagandha, asafetida, or astragalus? (Will that be on the test?)
I know how you feel, because I registered for an herb class last year and I’m still not done. When there are 17 modules and each one has a dozen lessons and then study questions and an exam for each of 17 modules, it can all be a little daunting. It’s enough to take all the fun out of playing with herbs.
But getting to know your herbal allies and inviting them into your home to care for your family, nurturing and empowering you, shouldn’t be put on hold while you study for the test.
I’m not trying to discourage you from studying herbs. It’s an awesome vocation. But sometimes you need a break from studying. And if you are feeling behind, like you’ll never catch up, I’ve got a suggestion. Just maybe you’re behind because the thrill of discovery was quenched by studying for the test. And you put off rolling up your sleeves and DIYing with herbs because you couldn’t find the time to study all those herbal actions, energetics, and even getting the botanical name straight. (Work before play, is so old school!)
Are you so far behind on your DIY plans that you despair that the harvest will be lost before you can catch up?
With summer well underway have you decided that your special plans for herbal awesomeness will have to wait? You just don’t have time for herbs this year. I bet this isn’t the first time you’ve put your desires aside for lack of time.
But what if you didn’t have to?
What if you could DIY with herbs in itty bitty spaces of time that would fit neatly into all the other parts of your busy life? What if learning to identify, harvest, preserve, and DIY with herbs could fit into the margins of your life? Those spaces left over after all the major pieces of your time are stamped on your dayplanner.
What if time for herbs was a gift that graced every day and gave you a little space of joy and adventure to permeate the season?
What if you could build your intuition and gain confidence in using the wild herbs you have growing right outside your back door. What a gift that would be!
What if you could share this little gift of herbs with those you love, your children or your grandchildren, to pass on the love and knowledge of herbs to them.
What if there was an herb camp that you could attend from the comfort of your own home? What if that camp made herbs fun again?
Make Herbs Fun Again Camp
The Make Herbs Fun Again Camp is a camp for DIYers, herbalists, gardeners, and those who love learning about herbs and getting their hands dirty. It’s for those who would rather go for a walk than study the encyclopedia. It’s for those who WANT to have time for herbs but got distracted along the way. It’s for those who want to connect in a community with others who are making time for herbs. And it’s for those who are serious herb students who need to reconnect with the playful child that made daisy wreaths and sucked honey from clover petals many years ago.
How does the Make Herbs Fun Again Camp work?
Herb camp is a 30 day challenge that you can complete without leaving home. Each day you will receive a Mission. The mission will take anywhere from 5 minutes to 15 minutes to complete. When you complete the mission you pop into the Facebook group and leave a comment in the thread for each day.
Over the course of the 30 day challenge you will:
- Identify 15 local medicinal or culinary herbs
- Create an herb journal
- Make 3 infused oils
- Make 2 herbal tinctures
- Make 10 herbal remedies
- Make 2 home comforts
- Get to know one herb intimately
- Learn to identify and recognize 2 different plant families
- Discover a system to easily organize your growing herbal apothecary
And you’ll accomplish all this by devoting just 5 to 15 minutes a day to an herbal adventure. You’ll accomplish it in the margins, without giving up anything in the rest of your busy life. You’ll also find out that you DO have time for what matters most. Plus you’ll discover herbs can be fun again.
Be part of the herb camp adventure!
- Camp time is fun. Just ask the kids. You get to be with friends who are interested in the same stuff you are.
- You get to come away from the every day and find a little quiet spot to be yourself and get immersed in nature.
- You get to do fun things that you don’t have time for at home like hiking, archery, campfires, hot chocolate, and s’mores. (Archery did you say? Well, this is a virtual program. Anything is possible!)
- Herb camp is like summer camp but even better because there’s no mosquitoes.
Here’s what the Campers are saying about Herb Camp:
Chris, I just wanted you to know that this has been so helpful. I have always been the “well let me read just a bit more on that first” type of person. Since starting this 30 days, I have made at least one item a day even if it isn’t what you have posted. I have done more actual working with the herbs in the last 2 weeks, bringing me a new confidence with them. I am currently on lesson 3 in Rosemary Gladstar’s course and am extremely grateful for your generosity and sincerity in helping others down this glorious path!! I wanted you to know what an impact you personally have made on my learning journey. I am so blessed to have found you. Thank you! — Shya C.
Thank you for opening my “herbal eyes” to the wondrous world around me thus far. Looking forward to it every day and trying my best to complete the challenges. – Sukye C.
I’m enjoying the lessons so much. It’s so fun and I’m not stressing about getting it all done. The daily missions have enlightened me that I can take time and have fun while learning new things. — Debbie S.
You made walking thru open fields fun again…course is great! — Tina C.
Thank you so much for creating such a fun program and such an amazing space to learn and play! — Dortha H.
Are you coming to herb camp?
While you could just grab the free herb tutorials and recipes found on the internet, including my site, like you’ve been doing, there’s a lot of free herbal information out there. But the more you grab the free information the more overwhelmed it gets. And overwhelmed isn’t fun.
Not only that. Studies show that when you pay for something you value it more than when you get it for free. For instance, those who pay for a gym membership are more likely to show up and work out than those who don’t. Guess who makes the most progress and gets in shape faster? Yep, you guessed it. The ones who own the gym membership. Those are the ones who are more consistent in investing the time.
You make time for the things you value. And to be successful learning about herbs and making DIY remedies, you actually have to put in the time. Even with a time commitment of only 15 minutes a day, there will be some people who will say they want to do it, but won’t make the time. It’s easy to think I’ll do it tomorrow but we all know tomorrow never comes. And before you know it the season will be gone and the harvest will be over and you’ll have missed that window of opportunity to capture the potency of your local herbs, again.
I don’t want that to be you. Because I know that you will have fun in this challenge and you will find out that you do have time for herbs. And that knowledge alone can be life changing. It will be the empowerment and confidence you need to make herbal remedies the healthy choice in your home, like our grandmothers did. But to make it a little easier to have fun at herb camp I’ve got a few surprises coming your way, when you choose this herb camp adventure. Keep reading…
Happy Campers get:
- The 30 day challenge delivered to your email inbox so you won’t waste time looking for each day’s challenge on Facebook. Start your adventure anytime. Your Herb Camp starts when you’re ready.
- An invitation to join the DIY Herbal Fellowship private Facebook group so you can post your challenge completions
- A printable supply list to help you pack for herb camp. (delivered when you sign up)
- Printable labels for your DIY creations (delivered with each lesson)
- Printable recipe cards for each recipe offered in the challenge (delivered with each lesson)
- Herb journal pages that you can print out and use to keep track of your adventures with herbs (Delivered on day 3)
- A progress report card with gold stars for each week that you complete your challenge
- A camp song book with herb inspired songs with guitar chords so you can sing along around the campfire (delivered week 2).
- “S’mores with Benefits” e-book with herbal recipes to entice your littles (delivered week 3).
- Herb inventory pages to help you organize your growing herbal remedy collection (delivered week 4)
- Great herb stories to tell around the campfire as you hear the successes of your fellow campers as they make herbs fun again.
And that’s not all. I have a few more surprises coming your way .
Grab your sleeping bag and register for the Make Herbs Fun Again camp today. Just
$47US . For a limited time only just $29.97.
For a limited time get the Make Herbs Fun Again Ecourse for just $29.97 and you’ll also get an additional $3,650+ worth of bonuses as part of the Ultimate Healthy Living Bundle 2017. Here’s what’s included in this special offer…
- Aromatherapy: A Practical Guide for Home and Family by Kristy Doubet Haare ($15.99)
- Citrine’s Holistic Flu Remedies: Boost Your Immunity Naturally and Prevent The Flu Using Herbs, Nutrition, Homeopathy, Ayurveda and Essential Oils by Citrine Joyous ($27.00)
- Create Your Own Herbal Tea Blends for Pleasure & Health by Heidi Villegas ($4.99)
- ECOURSE Essential Oils 101 by Brigett Holmes ($29.95)
- Essential Oils Revolution 2 by Dr Eric Z ($99.00)
- ECOURSE Herbal Remedies for the Whole Family by Kristen Smith ($17.00)
- Herbal Teas for Winter Health by Carol Little ($11.99)
- ECOURSE Make Herbs Fun Again: 30 Day Challenge Camp Experience by Christine Dalziel ($47.00)
- Safe Essential Oil Labels by Lea Harris ($49.97)
- The Essential Oil Roller Bottle Guide: How-to Guide for a Natural Home + 45 Recipes for the Whole Family! by Reeni Geiser ($9.97)
Gardening & Homesteading
- Canning 101: A Primer by Lisa Barthuly ($7.95)
- Grow Love Garden Planner by Emily Hone ($10.00)
- How To Embrace An Off-Grid Lifestyle: Our Journey & A Step By Step Look At The Lifestyle by Tammy Trayer ($12.99)
- Nigerian Dwarf Goats 101: Background & Basics, What To Know & Understand Before Committing To Nigerian Dwarf Goats by Lesa Wilke ($4.99)
- Pantry and Food Preservation Planner by Kim Mills ($7.00)
- Rootsy.org 3 Month Membership by Rootsy, LLC ($57.00)
- ECOURSE Start Canning: Canning for Busy Beginners by Jennifer Gomes ($97.00)
- The A-Frame Pallet Planter: 20 feet of Productive Gardening Space in a 3.5 Foot Planter by Shelle Wells ($12.95)
- The Do It Yourself Homestead by Tessa Zundel ($9.99)
- ECOURSE The Homestead Kitchen by Teri Page & Tatiana Abatemarco ($37.00)
- Fermentation Favorites by Sarah Pope ($14.99)
- Fermenting Veggies, A Step-By-Step Guide To Making Nutrient Dense Fermented Foods by Danielle Ramirez ($12.00)
- Intro to Kombucha, Fermented Sodas, Kefir, Kvass and More by Kombucha Kamp ($9.95)
- ECOURSE The Craft of Herbal Fermentation by The Herbal Academy ($119.00)
- The SureFire Sauerkraut Recipe Collection by Holly Howe ($11.97)
DIY Beauty & Skincare
- 50 All-Natural Skin Care Solutions Using Essential Oils by Melanie Habibzadeh ($17.97)
- ECOURSE Calendula for Your Skin by Kami McBride ($79.00)
- ECOURSE Everything You Need to Know About Sun Health by Lori Rose ($30.00)
- Freedom Face by Lucy AitkenRead (9.98)
- Hair Rescue: Grow Thicker, Healthier Hair Naturally by Genevieve Howland ($12.00)
- Herbal Skincare 101 by Kristyn Bango ($49.00)
- Natural Beauty Guide by Katie Wells ($24.00)
Plus $2750 value in additional ebooks and ecourses.
See you at herb camp!
What the campers are already saying!
“I joined the DIY Herbal Fellowship 30 Day Challenge by @joybileefarm in the hopes of learning more about the medicinal plants and herbs readily available to me. In just a few days I’ve learned so much including how to keep my own eyes very open to what’s all around me” — 9rockfa
“This group and challenge is exactly what I needed. Thank you! I live on a mini-farm in foot hills of Mt Rainer, Western Washington … I am a Energy Practitioner, Herbalist & Women’s Wellness Coach. Herbs have been a big part of my life for over 3 decades. My biggest challenge is making/taking time to keep track of what I have. I love harvesting, preparing, creating with herbs.” — Kristine F.
“I just love Chris. She’s very informative and down to earth. Looking forward to hearing/seeing what’s going on! ” — Rhonda W.
“Thank you Chris! This group has been great. I feel like I am coming home when I visit this group. Such friendly people and I am learning so much. I will be sad when it is over!” — Cynthia L.
I’m not on Facebook
If you aren’t on Facebook you can still do the challenge by email but you’ll miss out on the interaction with other campers. Facebook is free to join and the private Facebook group is a great place to get your questions answered and receive encouragement from your fellow campers.
Is there a test?
No. No tests. (I promise. Not even a quizz.) You still get gold stars each week that you complete the missions.
What if I can’t keep up?
You can choose which missions to complete and which ones you don’t want to do. There’s no pressure. Just like at summer camp, some kids swim while other kids need a nap. Both get to sing around the campfire at the end of the day.
I live in Australia and it’s winter here
You can attend camp and think about the rest of us in our 110°+ weather (That’s what it was when I watered my greenhouse this morning). But you might not be able to find local herbs growing outside your back door. You can use dried herbs in many of the recipes in the place of fresh.
I truly don’t have time for herbs this year I’m having a baby, getting married, or starting a new job.
I understand. There are seasons in life and it may not be your season for DIYing with herbs and gaining intuitive understanding in the use of herbal remedies. Just like there are some seasons for eating processed food instead of healthy food, or using chemical drugs instead of nourishing herbs – Wait a minute. I’m just kidding. There is no season for eating processed food. We eat processed food because we believe that it saves time. But it actually doesn’t. Healthy scratch cooking can be fast and easy once we know the proper techniques. Healthy scratch cooking actually saves us time and money. There is less waste, less health problems, and less cost when we cook healthy meals from scratch
Likewise, making herbal remedies has a few techniques that must be mastered, but once you know those techniques and have mastered a few herbs you can take care of many of your family’s health issues at home with herbs. So you don’t have to recover twice – once from the sickness and once from the drug that you took to cure the sickness. I get that you think you don’t have time for herbs this summer. When you have a little more margin in your life, you can join the waiting list.
How long do I have to join herb camp?
We don’t want to keep the campers waiting. To make sure everyone has a successful camp experience registration is open only till Monday September 25th . At midnight Eastern Time on September 25th this offer goes away.
Don’t miss herb camp. It’s going to Make Herbs Fun Again!
One more thing
If you missed my DIY Herbal Apothecary Course ($197 value) when registration opened in May, you’ll have a second chance to purchase it as part of the Herbs and Essential Oils Super Bundle on check out, only when you purchase your copy of the Ultimate Healthy Living Bundle, including my course the Make Herbs Fun Again Camp eCourse. This special offer, for an additional $29.97, includes the entire Herbs and Essential Oils Super Bundle with my course, the DIY Herbal Apothecary ($750+ value) and the Gut Health Super Bundle, ($695 value). The DIY Herbal Apothecary Course is a $197 value so this is a very special offer that is only available till Monday.
One reason I partnered with the Ultimate Bundles Folks to bring you this very special offer is because of their 100% Happiness Guarantee. If for any reason in the next 30 days you find that the Ultimate Healthy Living bundle or even the special offer bundles don’t live up to your expectations, just contact their customer service team to receive a full refund, no questions asked.
Grab my ecourse Make Herbs Fun Again for just $29.97, included in the Healthy Living Bundle, before Tomorrow (Thursday September 21) and the Ultimate Bundles Folks will throw in a free eReader Upgrade (normally an additional $10).
Recap of this special offer:
- Ultimate Healthy Living Bundle (includes my ecourse “Make Herbs Fun Again Camp” ($47 value)) with free ereader upgrade just until Thursday September 21 — $29.97
- (after cart offer) Herbs and Essential Oils Super Bundle (includes my ecourse “DIY Herbal Apothecary” ($197 value)) and The Gut Health Super Bundle both for just $29.97
- Total cost: Just $59.94 US (
$5,095US total value, a 98% savings) Offer ends Monday September 25, at midnight Eastern Time.
When you purchase the Healthy Living Bundle using my link before Monday night at midnight, you’ll also get my special Essential Oils Cheat sheet that you can print out and keep handy so that you’ll always have a safe guideline for using essential oils in your personal care products. Offer expires September 30th, at midnight Eastern Time.