The Beginners’ Book of Essential Oils is the answer to the question, “Where do I even start?” Explore your first 10 essential oils and learn to use them with confidence, with over 80 recipes for health, beauty, and cleaning products. Written with the beginner or intermediate essential oil user in mind.
This essential oils guide sifts through the hype and confusion and gives you the knowledge and confidence you need to safely explore 10 foundational essential oils, without needing to spend hundreds of dollars just to begin.
Written by an herbalist not an essential oils marketer, so you can trust that the information is based on real botanical research and experience and not marketing hype.
- What an odor print is and how to mark your home as a place of comfort, healing, and refuge
- How to increase the longevity of citrus essential oils
- How to store your essential oils to increase their shelf life
- How to save money and ensure safety when purchasing essential oils
- When you should use an infused oil and when you should choose an essential oil
- How to invest wisely in essential oils instead of being taken in by the latest fad
- How to clean your home without toxic chemicals
- How to use just a few foundational essential oils to transform your health, your home, and your beauty regime
- How to safely dispose of essential oils that are past their prime
- How to clean your home in order to remove toxic bacteria, viruses, and fungi
- How to improve and revitalize your complexion with just a few essential oils
- How to replace toxic cosmetics in your beauty regime with homemade recipes
- How to improve your mood and sharpen your memory by diffusing essential oils
- How to treat every day health issues with herbs and essential oils instead of dangerous otc drugs
- Over 80 tested recipes for health, beauty, and nontoxic cleaning products
- Timely tips to help you save money when purchasing your essential oils
- A good foundation of knowledge in the safe use of essential oils
- A practical beginner’s guide that sifts through the hype
- A head start on making gifts for the winter season
- Confidence in using 10 basic essential oils
What’s in the book:
The book explores 10 foundational essential oils in depth, offering you recipes for single essential oils. Then you will gain confidence as you expand your knowledge and experience by combining essential oils for specific uses.
These 10 oils span the full range of scents from sweetly floral, to bright menthol, and pungent balsam. They give cheering top notes, balancing middle notes, and long lasting base notes to fragrant or therapeutic blends. They offer a full range of beneficial actions to strengthen the immune system and hasten healing, relief, and comfort.
Printable labels, bookmarks, and herbal monograph posters to increase your knowledge and confidence in these 10 specific essential oils, with ongoing support. No matter which version of The Beginners’ Book of Essential Oils you choose, you’ll get lifetime access to these bonuses, which will be updated with new recipes and information regularly.
What others are saying about The Beginners’ Book of Essential Oils
“The first book that I read through this morning is Christine Dalziel’s book on essential oils (The Beginners’ Book Of Essential Oils – Joybilee Farm Media). I am hooked and excited! Christine offers a very uncomplicated yet thorough guide on how to begin using essential oils. She suggests starting with three essential oils – lavender, lemon, and peppermint. If you are a novice there is a lot you will learn from this book, and if you are well versed in the use of essential oils you will enjoy the many recipes and gorgeous monographs. Christine has been a homesteader for 30 years and she has been working with herbs and essential oils since 1982. I thoroughly enjoyed this book.” — Marlene Adelman, Founder and Director, The Herbal Academy
“Christine does a great job of making essential oil use simple instead of overwhelming. This is a book I wish I had years ago when I first started using essential oils.” — Angi Schneider, SchneiderPeeps
“…this Beginners’ Book of Essential Oils is a wonderful source of good, common sense, and practical counsel to help you sift through noise and learn how to effectively and frugally add essential oils to your natural health care arsenal. I love that Christine shares just 10 easily and economically sourced essential oils and then gives you over 80 different and unique ways to use them. The glossary of terms in the back is an incredibly helpful tool to aid in defining the numerous properties that oils contain. She wisely shares that sometimes essential oils aren’t the best and most effective application to the trouble and teaches how to make an herbal oil infusion which is a gentler choice (at times)…” Mrs. V.
“This was an excellent and inspiring intro to essential oils. I loved all the recipes and break down of their uses. This book is clean and easy to read. I also appreciated the info on infusing oils and storing them too. This book is great for beginners learning the wonders of essential oils!” Isis Loran, Little Mountain Haven
“With all the overwhelming information out there on essential oils, it’s hard to know where to get started. Christine’s book is not only beautifully designed, it is chock full of information that makes me feel informed, but not swamped. I highly recommend this book for people who are just beginning their journey with essential oils.” — Jessica Lane, The 104 Homestead
“I learned so much from this book. It’s a great part of my ‘essential’ farming library.” Allison H.
Get the Beginners’ Book of Essential Oils in the format you prefer:
The PDF version:
- The downloadable pdf version is printable.
- You get instant access
- You get all the color pictures that I couldn’t include in the Kindle version
Buy the pdf digital copy here:
Prefer to buy the Kindle Edition?
- You can read the Kindle version on your Kindle device or on any Kindle app.
- It has the botanical drawings included in the print and pdf version of the book, but on some Kindles these will render in Black and White
- Some of the colour pictures in the pdf and print versions of the book were omitted from the Kindle version.
The paperback edition
- There are color botanical drawings for each plant that the essential oils are based on.
- This version includes all the pictures in the pdf version
- There’s additional room in the book for your own notes and personal recipes.
- This is essentially a record for you to write your own recipes, feelings, and experiences so that you can refer to them again. Think of it as a journal for your essential oils education.
- Kindle books, and pdfs live on your device and if you are like me, you’ll skim them once and forget about it. But the paperback will be there for you to refer to again and again.
- It’s a beautiful book and makes a unique gift.
Buy the paperback version of The Beginners’ Book of Essential Oils from Amazon.
For a limited time, when you buy the print edition, you can get the Kindle edition for just $2.99. Buy the Kindle edition for yourself and give a print copy to your friend. See Amazon for details.
Leave a Reply